GVC Holdings PLC Annual Report 2016
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE OVERVIEW
HOW THE BOARD OVERSEES MANAGEMENT AND THE BUSINESS
ô€‚„ Oversees the effective running
of the Board.
ô€‚„ Ensures that the Board as a whole
plays a full and constructive part in
the development and determination
of GVC's strategy and overall
ô€‚„ Acts as a guardian of the Board's
ô€‚„ Promotes the highest standards
of integrity, probity and corporate
governance throughout the Company
and particularly at Board level.
ô€‚„ Oversees the effective engagement with
the Company's various stakeholders.
• Runs the Company's business.
• Proposes and develops GVC's strategy and
overall commercial objectives in conjunction
with the Chairman.
• Responsible, with the senior executive team
for implementing the decisions of the Board
and its committees.
• Promotes and conducts affairs of GVC
with the highest standards of integrity,
probity and corporate governance.
• Manages the leadership team and promotes
the strategic mission and goals to all employees.
• Engages with external stakeholders to explain
the corporate goals and progress of the
• Ensures future business decisions are
grounded in solid financial criteria.
• Provides insight and analysis to support
the CEO and senior executive team.
• Leads key initiatives in finance that
support overall strategic goals.
• Funds, enables and executes the strategy
set by the CEO.
• Develops and defines the overall
strategy of the organisation.
• Presents the organisation's progress on
strategic goals to external stakeholders.
As well as performing the normal duties expected
of an NED the SID also:
• Is available to shareholders if they have concerns
which contact through the Chairman, CFO or
CEO has failed to resolve or for which contact
• Leads the NEDs in evaluating performance
of the Chairman, taking into account the
views of Executive Directors.
• Maintains sufficient contact with shareholders
to understand their issues and concerns.
• Performs such other tasks and responsibilities
as may be contemplated by the code or best
practice from time to time.
• Constructively challenges and contributes
to the development of strategy.
• Scrutinises the performance of management
in meeting agreed goals and objectives and
monitors the reporting of performance.
• Satisfies themselves that financial information is
accurate and that both controls and the systems
of risk management are robust and defensible.
• Is responsible for determining appropriate
l evels of remuneration of Executive Directors
and has a prime role in succession planning,
appointing and where necessary removing