Annual Report & Accounts 2016 - Corporate Social Responsibility
flights taken by employees
producing an estimated
865 metric tons of CO2.
of electricity consumed
across all eight of our
289m KWh data centres.
used by each full-time
employee in our six main
of waste produced by each
full-time employee in our
six main offices monthly.
The online gaming sector is a rapidly evolving industry, subject to
continuous change in areas including regulation, technology and
competition. Our objective is to help current and potential investors
to have a greater understanding of both our business model and the
industrial environment in which we operate.
There is no set calendar that governs how we interact with our stakeholders, who
include investors, lenders, politicians, regulators and business partners amongst
others but we seek to communicate regularly through a variety of channels
• Providing shareholders and lenders with regular updates on both corporate and
financial developments throughout the course of the financial year.
• Regular meetings between our executive team and financial analysts, current as
well as prospective investors, but with a focus around the publication of our half
year and full year results.
• Investor and industry presentations, online webcasts, the publishing of financial
reports and analysts' coverage, to name but a few, all of which are publicly
available on our corporate website: www.gvc-plc.com
• Using our regular interactions to gain a greater understanding of investors' and
other stakeholders' perceptions about our strategy, performance and prospects.
We are a low-impact company, but we are not complacent and monitor
our environmental performance by measuring the water and energy we
consume, the amount of physical waste we produce and the amount of
CO2 gas we produce through air travel. We currently monitor these impacts from
our six main offices and plan to roll out monitoring across our locations this year.
Key metrics show that:
• A total of 3,554 air flights taken by employees producing an estimated
865 metric tons of CO2.
• Our highest energy consumption resulted from our eight data centres, which
consumed 8.4 million KWh of electricity in total.
• On average, each full-time employee in our six main offices every month used:
- 289 KWh of electricity;
- 801 litres of water; and
- produced 6.5kg of waste.
Our approach to the environment and the community goes beyond our own
business. Our suppliers' corporate responsibility agenda relating to the
environment is also assessed before we enter into contractual arrangements.
We believe that by aligning our interests we can make a contribution towards
sustaining our environment.